Freight Forwarding Apprentice Expand
Job position/grade: Apprentice
Location: Rayleigh, Essex
For the first time we will now also be considering applications for our new ‘Freight Forwarding’ apprenticeship. This role will suit students with an interest in business administration (or similar).
Oakenhurst is a UKCAA 145, FAA & EASA 145/ISO 9001 approved MRO facility, located near London Southend Airport. Manufacturing and supporting components for a global network of aviation partners. Our experienced team of approved engineers perform Test, Repair and Overhaul services across a diverse range of aircraft equipment. These include; Navigation, Interiors, Communication, Flight-Power, Auto-Flight, Ni-Cad Batteries, Oxygen and Galley Equipment.
Comprehensive support is provided for Commercial Aviation, Corporate Aviation & Military Aviation. In addition, our extensive capability list offers services for Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, British Aerospace, Augusta, Westland, Saab, ATR, Dassault, Lockheed, Fokker & Embraer components.
The role will include:
- Compiling import/export shipment customs information for various products
- Building excellent interdepartmental relationships within the business
- Managing the shipping process from order to delivery
- Working to a high level of accuracy
- Liaising with HMRC and maintaining an up to date understanding of their processes and procedures
- Dealing with customer/shipping agents
- Tracking orders
- Collating IPR and OPR information for submission to HMRC
- General administrative duties
- Mathematics GCSE – grade 5 or above
- English GCSE – grade 5 or above
- 2 more additional GCSE (or equivalent) subjects – grade 5 or above
- Interest in Business Administration (or similar)
All applications require a CV, cover letter, and projected grades (including Mathematics & English) and should be submitted to email@example.com